What's in a name?

I have started a few of these blog things over the years. And, I have abandoned just as many. Maybe this one will survive the sands of time, maybe not. Regardless, I am pretty darn excited about both the  title of this blog, and the URL name.

Welcome to  Un Corazón de Flores. Translation: A Heart of Flowers. Figurative meaning-a piece of my heart. Let me explain.

In September of 2012 I married a wonderful man with a wonderful last name-Flores. In addition to being in love with this man whom we shall refer to as "husbandfriend", I am also in love with the Spanish heritage that surrounds his last name. It brings me great joy to know that in another country, another language, the word "flower" is attached to my identity.

Flowers are one of God's most delicate and beautiful creations. They change with seasons. Thriving during various times of year and  dying out through others. Always to return to their beauty once more. They are sort of a metaphor for life.

And so it stands. A quirky play on words that fills my heart with happiness. I can't be sure what road this blog will take. I wear a lot of hats daily; all of which could be potential topics of discussion. In the end however, I always end the day at home, in an old t-shirt and some sweatpants. Surrounded by the things I love most which consists of: 1 husbandfriend and 2 four legged babies named Max and Shaydee.

That's where I am now. With my family, however small we are. The Flores' circa 2012. Heart full of love and happiness.

Un Corazón de Flores.






Comments

Popular Posts