The "Honeymoon Phase".

                           
                         
                 (One of our first official pictures together)

I don't know about the rest of you married folks but, every now and then, completely out of the blue, I find myself thinking "I'm married. That handsome fella is my husband. I am his WIFE...wow." I have mentioned this to a few of my married compadres and their response is always something along the lines of, "Aww...you're still in the honeymoon phase." Maybe I am. Or maybe...

I still can't fathom the idea that someone as awesome as husbandfriend would choose someone as simple as me.

Perhaps I fall asleep hoping that this wonderful life I live isn't a dream, and when I wake up and realize nothing has changed, I thank God that it is so.

It's likely that at times I feel I don't deserve such a happy life.

There is a good chance that I often think back to how short our courtship/engagement period was and find myself thinking we are still there.

More than likely I consider the numerous alternate routes my life could have taken and am eternally grateful for a handsome  hairdresser/black belt/yoga man who insisted I travel on a journey with him. 

It could be because I can't remember the exact conversation we had about marriage. It seems we just fell into this beautiful life together, naturally. 

We never had an "official" honeymoon. Perhaps my friends are right. Maybe, because we didn't experience that "week of wedded bliss" we will forever be on our own version of a honeymoon. 

Forever. 

And I am TOTALLY ok with that. 

        
                                         (Who needs a honeymoon anyhow?)





Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Cassie...the photo only says so much. I wish you could have seen it live. It was probably one of the funniest/most awkward moments of my life.

      Delete
  2. HA! So I can't see your replies. I'd suggest looking into disqus (google it) and also turning off your captcha (http://www.growingupgeeky.com/2012/03/blogging-tips-how-to-turn-off-captcha.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I fixed it! Confirmation on this? Bahaha! Thanks for the help. :)

      Delete
  3. And this: http://www.southernspeakers.net/2013/02/adding-followers-gadget-in-blogger-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie I think I fixed it! Can you confirm!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo that first pic, is that the first haircut he gave you too?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts