A Leap of Faith

Since BEFORE I graduated from college I had a goal: EARN A DOCTORATE. I think this is partially stemmed from the fact that my Daddio was a doctor and following in his footsteps would never be a bad idea!

Well...before you can earn a Doctorate you have to receive a Master's. Which I totally intended to start as soon as I graduate. That didn't happen. It's been 3 years since then and still, nothing.

I'm not sure what the hold up is. My biggest excuse is money. I made it through all 4 years of my bachelor's without having to take out a single loan. When I graduated I did not owe anyone anything. Thank you Mimi and Dad, and the numerous generous scholarship foundations that helped me out along the way. This has resulted in a sort of mindset that involves me not wanting to take out student loans for further education. Following the money excuse is the time factor. Will I have enough time to dedicate to online classes? Will I jeopardize my family, my job, my hobbies, MY SANITY if I begin this very long process? The third runner up in my list of excuses is worth. Will it be worth it? Tuition, class fees, books, time, energy...for what? A $1,000 pay raise? Really? Is it REALLY worth it?

I know in the long run--big picture view--it will totally will be worth the cost, time, and energy. This is a goal. And anytime a goal is met, the result is definitely worth it. 

So then why, my friends, am I sitting here blogging instead of searching for Universities, Scholarships, and Degree Programs? Here it is...the REAL reason. 

I am terrified.

It's true. I am so scared of: 
1. how much this really will set our family back in terms of money
2. choosing the right institution 
3. choosing the right Degree 
4. going back to school in general
5. failing

I have made the decision to actively begin the pursuit of this goal. As I do I realize that I need not move forward alone. I need to ask for guidance and direction. With faith, I know that everything will turn out as it should.

" Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6
Always,
Mo

Comments

Popular Posts