Tuesday Letters: Husbandfriend

Hello Handsome,

I have spent most of today alone after having spent all weekend with you. It is always a bummer when the weekend comes to a close and grown-up life starts again.

Today I was "cleaning up" my facebook. AKA, deleting about 100 people from my friends list. So many of those people are from a life I knew prior to meeting you. I can't even begin to tell you how different my life is now. I am so grateful for the life we have built together.

In case you don't know, or if I just don't tell you often enough...you are simply amazing. Truthfully. You amaze me every single day. You inspire me to be a better person because you are always working on becoming better yourself. Sometimes keeping up with you is a bit of a challenge for me but I think I'm getting better at it. My little ADD boy.

I read an article a few weeks ago titled: Why loving someone with ADHD is so hard. The article was super informative (which you know I loved) but I had to disagree with the overall message. Yes, there are things about your behavior that drive me insane. "What did you just say?" I said, there are things about your behavior that drive me insane...haha. It is frustrating to repeat myself sometimes. It is tiring to just keep going and going and going all day long without taking a break. But none of these things make loving you "hard". To be honest, loving you is one of the easiest things I have ever done.

I can't even pinpoint a time when I was like, "I think I love him...". I think I always have, dare I say, from the moment we met. You told me once that you knew you wanted to marry me the first time you saw me. I laughed and said you were crazy. But if I was honest with myself I'd have to say that part of the reason I avoided you like the plague those first few weeks was because I saw the potential of forever and was scared to admit it.


I think you are so darn handsome. I love you dressed to the nines for a special event and I love you in sweatpants and a weekend t-shirt. I even loved "the stache". I guess I just love you. Yeah. That must be it.

We didn't have a very smooth start with this whole married life scenario. Our first year was rough. Luckily, we have eons left to make up for it. Everything gets better with time, and lucky for us, our time is forever.

Thank you for all you do for me. I know sometimes I probably overlook all the small things you do that make like easier for me. I will try to be more observant and appreciative but if I fall short (which I will), please know that I do appreciate you. Always.

Now. Hurry up and get home so we can "stare at each other".

Love you boot.
Little Little
Photo by: Matt Boness

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts