Tuesday Letters: Zachariah T. Bird

Dear Zachariah T. Bird,

It has been nearly 15 years since we met that fall morning. I saw you there in the kitchen and it was love at first sight. You were dressed to impress, and you most certainly did not disappoint. I knew right away that our family would love you. After hours of preparation it was time to present you to the group. The oooh's and ahhhh's were sang in unison as you took your place at the table. A short while later you were gone, but your savory aroma remained even hours later. Even now, the thought of you leaves me yearning for more. Always until the next year...

ThankFULLy yours,
Mo


**If this love letter freaked you out...you aren't alone. I freaked myself out writing it. **

The story behind the bird:
About 15 years ago my parents and I thought it would be fun to name our Thanksgiving turkey. I got to name the first one and chose Zachariah T. (Turkey) Bird. Zachariah was an ode to my elementary school crush. Yes. I'm so weird. I know. Anyway, since then we have taken turns name the fellow before he hits the table. I wonder what his name will be this year...

 <3 Have a Happy Thanksgiving. <3

Comments

Popular Posts