A Change of Perspective

Four Months: The amount of time that has passed since I last wrote here.
Two years: Nearly the years gone by since my Daddy went to heaven.
Seven Months: The amount of time that has passed in my race to a Master's Degree.
Four Days: The number of days left until my cousin-brother, Joe, gets married. 
Nine Hours: The hours left in today until I can see the Husbandfriend again.
Five Months: The number of months gone by since I wrote this post, A Crossroad, about my struggle to find what I am most passionate about in life. 
Thirty Seconds: The approximate time it took for me to have a complete change in perspective this   morning. 

Last October I wrote a post, here, that addressed the question, "What are you passionate about in life?". I was clearly having a rough minute in my life. Without getting too personal I will tell you that in December I went to a doctor to address some concerns about my overall health. I am VERY glad that I did because I have some major issues going on. The good news, I'm on the up and up at this point and feel 100% better than I did. The even better news is that I still have a long ways to go health wise-which is super exciting considering I feel SO much better already!

This morning while I was driving to work I had a sort of epiphany. I was thinking about the ways in which I have changed over the past few months since getting my health in order and how much happier I feel overall. I was sort of listing all of the things that are exciting to me in my life right now. Here is a snapshot of that list.

  1. Husbandfriend and I are planning our garden right now. :) 
  2. Love is in the air! Joe is getting married in FOUR days to the sweetest girl I know.
  3. I shaved approximately 7 minutes off of my 5K completion time in just over one month's time.
  4. My body is beginning to change in noticeable ways! (I've been hitting the gym pretty hard).
  5. Almost done with my Master's degree and holding onto a 4.0 GPA!
  6. Excited for a new school year and this one hasn't even ended yet! 
  7. I'm going to start writing/blogging again.
  8. Brainstorming ideas for a childhood cancer awareness foundation that is mine. **If anyone knows to go about building a non-profit organization like this, PLEASE contact me!**
I'm telling you people, Life is Good. 

After making this mental list while driving to work I realized something. That post from October, that stupid question...I have the answer, or answers I should say. 

I am passionate about my marriage, my wonderful husband, and our life we share. I am passionate about my family; Every single one of those crazy people. To my surprise, I am passionate about my health and physical fitness, now that I have the energy to be passionate about it. I am passionate about education; both as a student myself, and as the educator. I enjoy writing. And I am extremely passionate about childhood cancer awareness. 
This past weekend we ran a 5K in support of Childhood Cancer Awareness and Phoenix Children's Hospital. Please excuse my nasty "I just ran 3.2 miles look".
My cape for being a "Cancer Fighting Superhero".
Me with "A" the lead nurse who became one of my best friends at PCH. 

It's funny to think of all that can happen in such a short time. A total change of perspective

As a disclaimer: I believe that the post written in October was my was of telling myself that something was seriously wrong because it was definitely NOT me. With that being said, no one knows YOU better than YOU. I urge you to try to be aware of yourself and your needs. I wish I had listened to myself much sooner. Regardless, I finally followed through and I am so glad I did. I also had some really great friends who encouraged me along the way. You know who you are... :)

-

Comments

  1. It's good to hear from you on here! Glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts