Taking Stock No. 3


Taking Stock// NO. 3


Making: The best of my current situation/s/. Sometimes that is all we can do isn't it?

Cooking: New things! Recent items made from scratch: Broccoli and Cheese Soup, Egg Fritatta, Bread Pudding, and Spaghetti with Homemade Sauce. I've enjoyed being in the kitchen again. 

Drinking: Lots and lots of Water. 

Reading: A lot of blogs about infertility. </3

Wanting:  to understand this trial. I know there is a reason. I know there are blessings currently and in the future. I just want to know what I am supposed to do. 

Looking: at my students and seeing how much they have grown! It's amazing to think back to August and how little and helpless they were. Now, I feel like they could run our classroom routine all on their own and be just fine. I'm so proud of them.

Playing: Dexter on Netlfix ERY-DAY!

Wasting: Time. I should have enrolled in a doctorate program in January. I need to just jump in and go for it. Why am I waiting?

Sewing: Nothing literally. Figuratively, I can't help but hope that these past 6 months of heartache are creating a strong web of support for what is to come in the future. Here's to hoping. 

Wishing: for a baby to call my own. 

Enjoying: the time I have had with my Husbandfriend recently. Not only did we have a 4 day weekend together last week, we are also down to one vehicle which means we are either dropping off of pick up on another each day. It's something I have taken for granted. Not long ago we used to go days, literally, without seeing one another. This new found time is such a huge blessing. 

Waiting: for it to be our turn. 

Liking: All of the sweet notes I've been getting from my students. Again, at the beginning of they year it was difficult to get to write two words consecutively. Now, they gift me with sentences long letters or pages long stories! I love it!

Wondering: what the Husbandfriend thinks about while he works. I'm watching him style this youngsters hair right now and I just want to know what is going through his mind! Does he talk to himself ? Does he talk to the little hairs? Is he thinking about the most recent episode of Dexter? Or maybe...me?! ;)

Loving: the weather right now. Normally, I'd be completely furious with the short and rather lame winter we had. Oddly, I'm finding myself eager for Spring. Spring is bright. Its colorful. Life blossoms on the barren branches of wintered trees. I find myself hoping the same will be true with me.

Hoping: my husband gets to feeling better soon. Poor guy has been sick for a week. A rare occurence for him. Also hoping I will dodge this bullet. So far so good. 

Marveling: at the vast number of couples who have walked, are walking, or will walk this road with us. Before this became Our Story (<---click link to read), I had NO idea. What I marvel at even more is the faith and hope that these couples exude amidst their journeys. I find myself soaking up their words in hopes to gain some of their strength. It's a truly humbling demographic to relate to. 

Needing: to find my own strength that is rooted in faith. I am a faithful person but finding my faith in this trial has been really difficult for me. For some time I was slacking in my personal prayers because I felt like I was just repeating myself and that He is probably tired of hearing my plea. After some scripture reading, encouragement from my TTC(Trying To Conceive) Sisters, and a lot of soul searching, I realized that my faith is lacking. Yes, I do believe that His plan for our family is great. I know that whatever will be, will be. But I have to put my faith into motion. So, though my knees may be weary, and though my words may be much the same, my conversations with my Heavenly Father are on the up and up. And, not surprisingly, the load seems to have been lifted already. I don't feel as heavy laden. I have hope with each new day. And I know that I am not alone. Funny how that works.

Giggling: at my nieces and nephews. We've been lucky enough to have them around the past few weekends and they just bring such happiness to me. 

Wearing: dresses! I told you, I'm ready for Spring! Also, they are really the most comfortable thing to wear right now. With all the stomach injections I've been doing (Johny is a pro), my tummy is super sensitive right now :/. 

Bookmarking: scriptures of strong women. 

Opening: my own Teachers Pay Teachers store this summer! Keep an eye out!

Following: the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Why is this such a hard thing to do? I've never been good at it. But I am trying to be more aware of these promptings or "instincts" and the outcomes have been pretty remarkable. 

Noticing: the positives. I'm trying to be observant of all of the little blessings in my life. It's not always easy but making a conscious effort to find them has made a big difference in my overall state of mind.

Knowing: Our time will come.Our prayers are being heard. A plan is in the works. A baby will bless our family someday.

Thinking: how lucky I am to live this life. It's been difficult. I've had my fair share of difficult times. But as I sit here typing away to the sounds of my husbands shears against his clients hair, I find myself certain of 3 things. 1. I am loved. 2. My life right now is right where it's intended to be. 3. I am growing as an individual. What more can a girl ask for?

Feeling: at peace.

Comments

Popular Posts