Twas the Night Before Egg Retrieval...

It's 10:49pm, the night before our egg retrieval...and I can't sleep.

My mind is whirling. I feel so many emotions and have so many thoughts racing through my head. Tomorrow morning at approximately 6:30, I will be put under light sedation and when I wake up, we will know how many potential little embryos will be waiting for us. How crazy is that? I mean, that's sort of hard to wrap your head around isn't it? It is for me.

While I am very anxious, I feel very at peace. I know that whatever the outcome of tomorrow is, God has a plan for our family. We both received priesthood blessings that reminded us that our Heavenly Father is very aware of the desire of our hearts, and is with us throughout every step of this journey. I find such comfort in this knowledge.

My heart is very full at this moment for all of the other couples across the world who are navigating this road. I have connected with so many amazingly strong and faithful women. We all have a different diagnosis, a different protocol, a different story to tell. But there are a few common threads we all share. We are all #prayingforbaby________.  We are all hopeful. And if you asked any one of us what it's like...we'd tell you a little about the yucky parts but in the end our anthem will always be: ...."but it is ALL worth it". And that's the truth.

So tonight my prayers are being sent to all of the women who have set out their "loose clothing and lucky socks" for their early morning retrievals or transfers. My prayers are for the husbands who are sleeping soundly in preparation for the upcoming circus of sedation, unexplained emotions and care-taking. My prayers are for the bruised and swollen tummies, and the follicles that rest inside. I pray for all of the doctors who have dedicated their lives to helping people like us. I pray for all of the family members who never know exactly what to say, but are rooting for us every step of the way. And a very special prayer is said for our babies, wherever they may be. I pray that you know how much you are loved, although we don't even know of your existence yet. I pray that you are strong and healthy. I pray that you come to us soon. <3

Hope. Love. And Baby Dust!
Mo

#prayingforbabyflores


Comments

Popular Posts