L.I.F.E.

It's been nearly a month since my last post. I have one excuse. Life. Yep, that's it. Life as of recent has been insane. And there really isn't any particular reason. I guess that's just part of this whole "grown up-dom" that I am still trying to get adjusted to.

And, staying true to the course, life is still out of control. Being so, I will briefly update you on some recent events.

1). Husbandfriend and I built an awesome chicken coop--from scratch! This may not seem like a "major event" to most however, it really stands out to me. This is the first big "project" that we have tackled together. We are not always the best with communicating our thoughts-especially when its requires us to meet a common objective. This used to result in anger and frustration but we have gotten MUCH better. I am happy to report that we collaborated on this and totally made it happen with little more than a confused look here and there. This was HUGE! And the end result turned out to be the most legit chicken coop known to man--The Hilton Henhouse. BOOM.

2. In addition to our chicken coop we have also planted a garden, started a worm farm, begun composting, discovered we have a peach tree, we have sunflowers sprouting...basically, we are on our way to "homesteading". Which leads me to...

3. Our 5 year plan. Yes, we have one. No, I will not divulge the greatness of it just yet. I will tell you that we are very excited! Something is calling us. Be it fate, instinct, luck, divine intervention--when the wind blows the flowers will always float amongst the breeze. And this Familia de Flores will surely follow.

4. Speaking of family, ours will soon be eternal. We recently finished our temple preparation classes and kicked a bad habit (cough cough..coffee..cough cough). I can't even begin  to explain the joy that fills my heart knowing that we will be sealed together SOON in the Gilbert, AZ temple. For time and all eternity. Words can't describe why the tears fill my eyes or how my heart races at the thought of being with my family forever. Love.

5. Upon finishing our temple prep class the gospel became even more prevalent in our lives. Husbandfriend has been called as the First Counselor in the Young Men's presidency. A calling he is very excited about! I am so proud. Yesterday, I was called as a nursery worker. I get to spend 2 hours each Sunday with the littlest of spirits in our ward (ages 1-3ish). We play, sing songs, and learn little lessons about our Heavenly Father and Jesus. I know that I am being prepared for what is sure to come when the time is right. <3

6. I can't leave out our babies. The four-legged ones. Max and Shaydee are fabulous! Shaydee took the chicks as her own "babies" and Max likes to pretend they don't exist. Both love sleeping on Mom and Dad's bed when we aren't paying attention! Silly kids.

7. We watched the entire series of Breaking Bad over the course of about...3 weeks. Sorry not sorry. We agreed to disagree over the Good Guy vs. Bad Guy character of Walter White. Although I'm sure most would agree with me... ;)

8. This weekend I graduated from the Rodel Promising Teacher program that I have been a part of for the past 3 years. More on this amazing program will follow in a later post. This is one of the biggest accomplishments I have achieved for myself. Ever. And I am thrilled!

9. My brotherman turned 6! How can that be possible? After a brief meltdown at his birthday party, we enjoyed piƱata festivities and a Power Ranger cake! He is 19 years younger than me, and I am so glad it is that way. I love watching him grow into a little person! I love that my husband is one of his favorite people, and that--when asked who would be accompanying him on their class fieldtrip-- his brother Johny would DEFINITELY be there. I love him!

Well, there are some of the highlights as of recent. I am an odd number kinda person...sorry it's not an even 10! Hopefully I will be able to post more often.

Until then!
Mo



Comments

Popular Posts