Tuesday Letters-Brotherman

Dear Brother,

Being your (much) older sister has been one of the greatest joys in my life.

I remember the day your were born. I was at MimiPapas house on Sunday evening getting ready to head back to Flagstaff for school. Mom called and told Papa that she was having contractions. So I stayed the night there because we thought you were on your way! Well, you weren't. So I woke up at 5 a.m. Monday morning and drove my butt back to Flagstaff. That's a 3 hour drive by the way.

As soon as I stepped foot into my first class my phone rang. Mimi said "It's time, get to Mesa ASAP". So, I walked right back to my car (that I had JUST PARKED) and drove the two hours to the hospital.

When I got there mom was all hooked up and ready to go. Well, once again, you weren't. For the next 17 hours we waited. And waited. And waited.

Mimi and I decided to grab some refreshments at the little coffee shop around the corner. We were gone no more than 15 minutes. When we came back into the room Momma was sound asleep and Dad and Papa were acting really strange. We asked what was wrong and they insisted upon "nothing".

Well, shortly thereafter you decided to make your debut. April 15, 2008. Weighing in at 8.9 pounds and 22 inches longs. You had strawberry blonde hair. You were perfect.

After your arrival Papa told us that you and Mom both coded while Mimi and I had gone to grab food. Your heart rates dropped and it must have been very scary. I can see now why they didn't tell us at the time.

That summer I spent a lot of time with you. I changed your nasty poop diapers and fed you bottles. You were a great little baby. Now, you are 6 years old! Where does the time go?

Brother, I want you to know that I love you very much. You make me proud everyday. You are smart, and funny and sweet. I love that you also have Johny as a brother now! Please know that no matter how crazy life can get, we will ALWAYS be here for you.

I promise to write to you again with some words of wisdom as you get older. But for now, just keep being you. There isn't anything better than that!

Love,
Mo

Comments

Popular Posts