The Soundtrack of My Life

I consider myself to be a music enthusiast of sorts. I am proud of my i-Pod library in all of it's diversity. I associate everything in life with music. Everything. While making the hour and a half long drive from Young to Home Sweet Home this afternoon I was sent back in time via an awesome radio station we picked up. And so began this trivia game of sorts. Below is my life's soundtrack--well, the important parts anyway. Please keep in mind that these songs are of the time stated and do not necessarily reflect how I feel now in some cases, such as the "first heartbreak" time frame. When I hear these songs I am reminded of so many events from my life! Some are happy, some are sad, and some are just plain weird. But when I think about it...that's life, isn't it?

Family
Mimi: "Hello MaryLou" Ricky Nelson // Pretty self explanatory! :)
Daddy: "Barbra Ann" The Beach Boys // I can still hear him say "Scratch it Carl, scratch it!"

Momma: "Mambo No. 5" Lou Bega // He obviously knew what was up by including both of us!
Cousins: "I Get Knocked Down" Chumbawumba // Choreographed Rollerskating Routines
Family Road Trips: "500 Miles" The Proclaimers // Still to this day...

Over the Years
The Early Years: "Rock Lobster" B-52's // There is no explanation other than the fact that we loved it...
Tweening: "Wannabe" Spice Girls // First concert ever. The ultimate Halloween costumes. Still love this song.

Junior High: anything by K-Ci and Jo Jo, Usher, or Ne-yo // You have to be the age the understand...
High School: COUNTRY!!! // I hated it, and then I LOVED it. Overnight. Really. 
High School Graduation: "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" Trace Adkins // Because Hannah and I had the greatest booties!

Life
Best Friend: "Hey, Pachuco!" The Mask Soundtrack // High Gold Medals and endless giggles. 
First Crush: "The Original Gummy Bear Song" Disney // Dashing and Daring, Courageous and Caring...
A Life Changing Event: "Skin (Sarabeth)" Rascal Flatts // The story of my life. Really. Released 2 weeks after my diagnosis.

First </3: "You'll Think of Me" Keith Urban // I listened to it on repeat...for days. 
My Comeback: "Red High Heels" Kellie Pickler // And you can bet I went out and bought a pair!

Growing Up
College: 

  • "Jessie's Girl" Rick Springfield // Dorm room dancing with Kat!
  • "NAU Fightsong" NAU Band // I still know the dance...
  • "You Got Your Cherry Bomb" Spoon // My "walking to class" jam. Every morning. 
  • Modest Mouse
  • The Black Keys
  • Tom Petty


College Grad/1st Year Teacher/Lost Girl: 

  • Bon Iver
  • Of Monsters and Men
  • Florence + The Machine
  • Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes 
  • Kings of Leon
  • "Holding Out for a Hero" Ella Mae Bowen // Hoping for something I wasn't sure existed...


The Greatest Tracks of All
First Impression of Johny: "Call Me, Maybe?" Carly Rae Jeppsen // Hey, I just met you! And this is...crazy?
My LAST "First Date": "Save Tonight" Eagle Eye Cherry // He really did sing it to me. 
When I knew he was The One: "Marry Me" Train // We both shared this song with each other ON THE SAME DAY!

September 8, 2012 <3
Our Wedding Day:

  • "I Loved Her First" Heartland // My last dance with my dad. The song couldn't be more true.
  • "I Hope You Dance" Lee Ann Womack // 2nd Daddy daughter dance with Jess.
  • "My Little Girl" Tim McGraw // 3rd "daddy" daughter dance with Uncle Ray. Tears.
  • "Whistle" Flo Rida // Mandi and Tay are CRAZY!!!
  • "I Won't Give Up" Jason Mraz // Because we never will. Our song. 


The Hard Parts
Losing Daddio: "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" LDS Hymns // "I know that my Redeemer lives, what comfort this sweet sentence gives."

Life As of Late
Wife/Daughter/Teacher/Student/Mom of 2 puppies: "Happy" Pharrell Williams // Because I'm Happy <3.

What would your soundtrack be? Sit down with a paper and pencil and start at the beginning. I guarantee you wont regret it. 

<3,
Mo

Comments

Popular Posts