Tuesday Letters: Joe and Aimee

Dear Joe and Aimee,
Today is a beautiful day! In just a few short hours you two will be united for time and all eternity as partners. I awoke this morning to the sounds of birds chirping as the sun rose and felt so strongly in my heart that today is a day made just for the two of you. I am so elated to be able to be apart of it all and words cannot express the joy that is in my heart for the both of you.

Josey, it seems like just a few years ago that Kieren and I were putting make-up on you and bossing you around. Now, we are all married (almost) and starting families of our own. What I love most about this is that, even though it would seem common sense that we would grow apart at this phase in life, it seems to me that we have all drawn closer together again. I want you to know that you were one of my first best friends (Kier takes first place because she is oldest!), and now more than ever I know that you are more than just a cousin, you are my brother. The first one I had. And I am so happy that our family morphed in a way that allowed this to be so. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Aimee, I am so happy that we have been able to get to know one another so well. I feel as though you have been a part of our family forever. When I tried to imagine the type of girl that would marry Joe I have to admit that you don't meet the requirements. You EXCEED them. You are everything I imagined he would need and more. It takes a special person to balance people like Joe and myself. JohnDaniel is my perfect balance. You are Joe's. I cannot wait for all of us to grow as a family. I look forward to coaching with you next year! Johny and I are already planning our next roadtrip together. I hope that on this day you know how much you are loved, not just by Joe, but by all of the members of your new family.

It would be easy for me to give you guys tons of "marriage advice" but truthfully, I don't think it's my place. When times get hard there are two individuals you need to turn to. Each other, and our Heavenly Father. With a team like that you don't need anyone else.

Now, we are approximately 5 hours from the BIG hour...! Yay!!!

Please know how much I love both of you.

Happiest of Days,
Mo

P.S. There could not be a better day to have a wedding. Thank you for turning grandpa's birthday into a day of love, family, and joy.

Comments

Popular Posts