Answered Prayers

I woke up this morning a little on edge. A lot on edge. I was pretty stressed out. We have a lot going on right now and trying to manage it all is a bit overwhelming. Husband spent sometime just talking to me before he left for work and that really helped. He sure is good to me.

After he left I still felt very unsettled and decided to take my worries to my Heavenly Father. I knew that if anyone could help me carry this load, it would be Him. After sharing what was on my heart and asking for comfort and guidance, I began to prepare for my day. Trying to keep my mind clear of my burdens I sought to "think happy thoughts". You know, like in Peter Pan. And it dawned on me! Today is a VERY special day. Probably one of the most special, but often overlooked. Let me tell you a story.

A short time ago there lived a girl. She was strong and passionate about a lot of things in life. She loved her family and cared so much for her friends. While true love was always on her heart, she was starting to believe that it simply would not happen in her life. Jaded a few times too many left her feeling hopeless and less than desirable. It must just be me she would think to herself. So she made a decision. She chose to live her life for herself and no one else. Never again! was her battle cry. And things began to look up. She started to find herself outside of her reflection in someone else's eyes.

Meanwhile, in a house across town there was: a mother with a prayer in her heart, a father with a joke on his sleeve, and a son with a heart of gold.

Being the funny guy that Fate believes himself to be, these two souls met. She was stubborn. He was adorable. It didn't take long her him to crack her hard exterior and get a glimpse of the potential that was there. She gave him a run for his money and with the help of her wise aunt, she came to her senses and realized that this was her time. Love had found her all on it's own.

Then, on this day 3 years ago He asked Her if she would go about this life with him forever. She said yes and for a final time she thought to herself, It must just be me!. He chose her in all her faults and imperfections. He loved her for who she was and was not.

And so they lived, perfectly imperfect, with their 2 puppy dogs, 5 chickens, and 6 ducks. Happily Forever and Ever.

Engagement Photo by: http://www.bonessphoto.com/
So my friends, prayers are answered. In so many ways, He will hear your call, calm your troubled heart, and bring happiness to your soul. All you have to do is turn to Him.

With a full heart,
Mo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts