Babies!

My heart is full today as our family welcomes another sweet addition as well as celebrating my brotherman's 7TH birthday! Oh Happy Day!
My cousin will be having her third baby at any moment and we are all waiting impatiently.
Speaking of my cousin, I need to take a minute and say a few things about this amazing woman.
She is the epitome of the word "mother". Growing up she was the oldest and was therefore the unofficial caretaker of me and her little brother. At the time I obviously didn't see how our adventures were ultimately preparing her for this most important of roles in life.
Sometimes I find myself watching her interact with my little niece and nephew (her children), taking mental notes of how she speaks, her actions, her body language. When conversations about parenting arise between Husbandfriend and I, we both always turn to her as our leading example. I find myself bragging to others about her strength in natural childbirth. I know that when I get to this point in my life, she will be the one I turn to for advice and words of wisdom.
I don't think we are quite there yet in our little family (husband and I), but there is nothing like holding a fresh new breath of life to make you start to wonder if the time is drawing closer...
Love,
Mo



Comments

Popular Posts