Chapter 1

If I were to write a book this year it would have 12 chapters. One chapter for each month. If I were to write this book, I'd have just finished Chapter 1: January.

Had I written that first chapter, January, it would have been pretty exciting. It would have started in an upstairs room at a local Bed and Breakfast. I would have spoken of very highly of this place and our three nights there welcoming in the New Year. It would be noted that those few days will probably top out as some of my most favorite memories.

I'd also have written a lot about work and how much my kids have grown; not just in height, but in their academics. I would talk about how different this January was compared to January's past. How I was actually READY to go back to work, excited even! I'd admit to how much I really love my job.

This first chapter, January, would also describe the great pride I have in my husband! January was a very exciting time for him as well. I'd talk about his first few experiences as a Johnny B. Educator and how it makes him light up when he talks about his classes. And I would have to point out that this chapter would also mark the 6 month anniversary of his shop being open! That is definitely novel worthy.

Things would get a little crazy towards the end of Chapter 1. There would be a fertility treatment mishap that would lead to a last minute IUI and lots of praying! You'd also find me (the writer) in the midst of an investigation! Secrets are being kept and I must know what they are! (If I were to write this book, perhaps it could be categorized in the Mystery genre!).

The climax of this chapter would be near the end, leaving the readers on edge (a cliff hanger so to speak). You'd be waiting impatiently to read Chapter 2: February, but of course you'd have to wait because today is only the 1st! Questions you'd be asking yourself as a reader might be: "What is this secret that everyone is keeping from Moquie?" or "Well, are they pregnant?", perhaps "What will this crazy couple do for Valentine's Day?", and "Will she survive the month of Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, 100th Day of School, and Book Fair in First Grade?!".

This is, of course, all simply hypothetical. But it sure makes me wonder...what would Chapter 2 contain?



Comments

Popular Posts