Boycott Backspace

The 'Backspace' key has been my most used key for weeks now. It draws me in almost effortlessly. All of the other keys are starting to talk...saying I play favorites. If only they knew the truth.

Backspace is so powerful. With one simple touch she can make a thought completely disappear. Entire paragraphs erased almost instantly. Gone. Or perhaps altered, just enough to make them seem so much better than reality. She is easy to rely on. The tip of my finger knows her exact location. I don't even have to think about it. And just like that...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Nothing.

So, I've decided to boycott backspace. With a few exceptions, like errors. Those have to be addressed appropriately. Aside from errors though...I say, "No more!!!". I won't let Backspace take control of my thoughts. She can't keep me from writing. No longer will I stare at a blank page as the blinking cursor mocks me. Backspace, you will not win! 

I can't Backspace my life. Sometimes I want to. Sometimes I feel like I need to. But I can't. Because real life, it doesn't have a Backspace.

<3,
Mo

#boycottBackspace








Comments

Popular Posts